Council's Planning and Regulatory Services (PRS) Department is the lead agency in the Ipswich City Council for:
- managing growth and development in a socially, ecologically and economically sustainable way to meet the needs of the community;
- ensuring the health, environment and safety of the city is protected and enhanced and enhanced through the utilisation of reasonable and appropriate compliance approaches.
The department’s core activities include:
- Preparing and implementing statutory and non-statutory plans, strategies and policies to ensure integrated and sustainable development outcomes for the City as a whole and within specific local areas
- Undertaking spatial analysis and modelling and preparing mapping and graphics to support the work of the department and ongoing development monitoring
- Delivering the Ipswich Heritage Program
- Maintaining an appropriate and efficient regulatory environment for development assessment and plan signing
- Providing planning searches and certificates
- Authorisation and co-ordination of works within road corridors
- The Safe School Parking Program
- Delivering an immunisation program for Schools and through Community Clinics
- Managing the contract for cemeteries and the pound
- Maintaining an appropriate and efficient regulatory environment for community compliance through the reasonable application of Local Laws and legislation
- Registration Rewards Program
- Illegal Dumping and Littering campaign
- PetPep Responsible Pet Ownership Program in preschools/primary schools
- Eat Safe Program
- Online ALERT Food Safety Training
- Licences, permits and registrations for food businesses, environmental activities, commercial use of roads, cat and dog registration, events and public swimming pools
- Structure/development approval compliance management and enforcement
The PRS Department's activities are delivered through its five (5) branches:
- City Design
- Development Planning
- Engineering, Health and Environment
- Building and Plumbing
- Regulatory Services
With the support of the Business Support section.
To view the current Planning and Regulatory Services Department structure please click here.
To view Staff Profiles please click here.