Council’s Planning and Development Department's core objective is to effectively manage growth and development in order to create a socially, ecologically and economically sustainable environment that meets the community’s housing needs, integrates land use and transport needs, creates jobs and supports overall economic development, delivers appropriate infrastructure and community services, and protects valuable features such as places of culture heritage signiﬁcance and important natural environment areas.
The department’s core activities include:
- Preparing and implementing plans, strategies and policies to ensure integrated and sustainable development outcomes for the City as a whole and within speciﬁc local areas
- Identifying, protecting and promoting places of cultural heritage signiﬁcance and streetscape value
- Identifying and protecting important natural environment areas through appropriate planning scheme mechanisms and development assessment processes
- Maintaining an appropriate and eﬃcient regulatory environment for development assessment and building and plumbing compliance. The Planning and Development Department comprises of five branches:
- Strategic Planning
- Development Planning
- Engineering and Environment
- Building and Plumbing
- Business Support
To view Staff Profiles please click here.