Quarterly Activity Report March 2018
31st of May 2018
The quarterly activity report provides a snapshot of Planning and Development activities for the March Quarter 2018.
Council’s Planning and Development (P&D) Department is the lead agency in the Ipswich Community
for managing growth and development in order to create a socially, ecologically and economically
sustainable environment that:
- Meets the community’s housing needs;
- Integrates land use and transport needs;
- Creates jobs and supports overall economic development;
- Delivers appropriate infrastructure and community services;
- Protects valuable features such as places of cultural heritage signiﬁcance and important
natural environment areas.
The department’s core activities include:
- Preparing and implementing plans, strategies and policies to ensure integrated and
sustainable development outcomes for the City as a whole and within speciﬁc local areas;
- Identifying, protecting and promoting places of cultural heritage signiﬁcance and
- Identifying and protecting important natural environment areas through appropriate
planning scheme mechanisms and development assessment processes;
- Maintaining an appropriate and eﬃcient regulatory environment for development
assessment and building and plumbing compliance.
The P&D Department’s activities are delivered through its ﬁve (5) Branches:-
- Strategic Planning;
- Development Planning;
- Engineering and Environment;
- Building and Plumbing;
- Business Support.